Shared by Lisa L.
FOR THE CAKE
1 package Devils Food cake mix
(and ingredients called for in the mix)
FOR THE MOUSSE
½ package (4 oz.) Cream cheese (No fat-free substitutions here!)
1 cup Smooth peanut butter
2 cups Powdered sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 tablespoons Milk
FOR THE GANACHE
1½ cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Heavy cream
3 tablespoons Peanut butter
1 tablespoons Vanilla
⅓ cup Light corn syrup
1 large package Miniature peanut butter cup candies, chopped
1. Follow directions on cake mix. Pour the batter in two 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pans.
2. Bake as directed, then cool to room temperature
1. While the cakes are cooling, begin working on the mousse.
2. Cream together the softened cream cheese and peanut butter.
3. Stir in the vanilla and milk.
4. Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar, until smooth.
1. Heat heavy cream just until boiling. Remove from heat.
2. Add semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter and allow to sit for a couple minutes. Stir until chocolate chips are completely melted.
3. Add corn syrup and vanilla.
4. Allow ganache to cool before pouring it on top of the cake.
ASSEMBLE THE CAKE
1. Carefully slice the rounded part of each cake layer off so the layers are level.
2. Place one cake layer on a serving plate and spread the entire peanut butter mousse on top of the layer. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.
3. Place the second cake layer on top of the chopped candies.
4. Spoon ganache over the top layer, allowing it to drip down the sides.
5. Sprinkle with additional chopped peanut butter cup candies.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving size may vary