Shared by Lucie J.
4 28-oz cans of tomato puree
2½ teaspoons Salt
4 tablespoons Dark chili powder
5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
5 cloves Garlic
1 large Onion
2 large Green peppers
2 pounds Ground sausage
3 pounds Ground turkey
5 cans Dark red kidney beans
1. Put tomato puree in large pot with salt, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer at a low temperature.
2. Chop onion, peppers and garlic. Add to sauce.
3. In a skillet, cook the sausage meat first. Add cooked sausage to pot of puree.
4. Using same skillet (do not wash), cook ground turkey (this flavors the turkey meat). Drain and add to pot.
5. Add kidney beans.
6. Simmer for 2-3 hours. Can eat the same day, but tastes even better the second day.
Serving size may vary