Shared by Carrie M.
8 Large Cortland apples
½ cup Sugar
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
⅔ cup Brown sugar
1¼ cups Flour
1 cup Oatmeal (not instant)
½ teaspoon Salt
½ cup Butter
⅓ cup Shortening
¼ cup Maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Peel and slice apples, then mix with sugar and cinnamon.
3. Place apples in the bottom of a greased 9-inch by 13-inch pan.
4. Combine brown sugar, flour, oatmeal and salt.
5. Cut butter and shortening into the dry ingredients, then add maple syrup.
6. Place the mixture over the apples.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes until crisp and brown.
Serving size may vary
BEST APPLES FOR BAKING
Braeburn, Cortland, Rome, Granny Smith, Gravenstein, Jonagold, Northern Spy, Pippin, Gala, Rhode Island Greening, Winesap, York Imperial