Shared by Jeremy K.
⅔ cup (5 1/4 tablespoons) Butter
¼ cup Onion, chopped small
2 to 3 tablespoons Flour
¾ cup Cold water
1 jar Cheese sauce
2 10-oz. packages Chopped broccoli, defrosted and all water pushed out
1 bag Boil-in-bag white rice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease bottom and sides of pie or quiche pan with butter.
3. Boil rice approximately 10 minutes, then drain and squeeze out any water. Set aside until ready.
4. Melt butter in large skillet. Add onions and cook slowly until they start to look transparent. Do not brown.
5. Stir 2 to 3 tablespoons of flour into skillet until smooth.
6. Add water slowly—1/2 cup to start, then sneak up on rest. Mix should look like soft mashed potatoes.
7. Add cheese sauce and blend in.
8. Add broccoli and rice. (I let it bubble a bit in the pan slowly for a few minutes.)
9. Transfer to prepared pan and bake approximately 40 minutes. Put foil or another pan on shelf under casserole, as it tends to boil over.
Serving size may vary