Shared by Denise S.
⅔ cup Sugar
⅔ cup Canned pumpkin
¾ cup Flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ginger
½ teaspoon Salt
½ cup Chopped walnuts
¾ cup Confectioner sugar (plus extra for sprinkling)
8 oz. Softened cream cheese
4 tablespoons Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease (well) and flour a 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch jelly roll pan.
- Beat eggs for about 5 minutes; then beat in sugar and fold in canned pumpkin.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and beat together.
- Spread mixture in the jelly roll pan and sprinkle the top with chopped walnuts. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cake mixture from the oven. While it’s still warm, carefully remove it from the pan and place it on wax paper or a towel. Sprinkle cake with confectioner sugar.
- Carefully and tightly roll the cake in the wax paper or towel and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from fridge and carefully unroll.
- Blend confectioner sugar, softened cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Spread mixture on the cake, roll it back up and refrigerate until ready to eat. Slice and serve!
Serving size may vary