Shared by Beverly G.
4 large Eggs
6 tablespoons Butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
1 tablespoon Granulated sugar
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Ground red pepper
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
1¾ cups Whole, white corn kernels (shoepeg), thawed if frozen, or 1 can (12 ounces) drained
1 can (17 ounces) Creamed yellow corn
1 cup Heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease a deep 1½-quart baking dish.
3. Beat eggs in a large bowl.
4. Stir in butter, flour, sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended, then stir in remaining ingredients.
5. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
WHAT IS SHOEPEG CORN?
Shoepeg has smaller kernels and is sweeter than yellow corn. If you cannot find it at your grocery store, substitute either white or yellow corn in your recipes.