1 cup Shortening
1 cup Sugar
2 cup Flour
¼ teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Baking powder
1 can Blueberry pie filling
2 tablespoons Butter or Margarine, melted
½ cup Flour
¼ cup Sugar
In a small bowl, mix together
1. Heat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
2. In a medium to large size bowl, cream shortening, sugar and eggs.
3. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
4. Spread half the batter in the baking dish and top with the blueberry pie filling.
5. Spread remaining batter on top of blueberry pie filling. Sprinkle with topping.
Alternative topping: If made without topping, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar after baking.