1 – 16 ounce package of Ziti
1 pound Ground beef
1 – 15 ounce container of Ricotta cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup chopped Parsley
1 Egg, slightly beaten
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 – 15 ounce or 1 – 20 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
1 – 8 ounce package shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Prepare ziti as directed on package, drain and set aside.
3. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Brown ground beef.
4. In a large bowl, mix Ricotta, Parmesan cheese, parsley, egg, salt, pepper and half of the spaghetti sauce. After well mixed, mix in the cooked ground beef.
5. Add cooked ziti that you had set aside in step 1 and toss gently to coat well.
6. Add combined ingredients to a 13 x 9 inch baking pan and pour remaining spaghetti sauce evenly over the ziti mixture.
7. Sprinkle top with Mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Traveling Tip: Once cooked through, cover immediately with a double thickness of aluminum foil. This will help keep the food hot for up to an hour.